March 10, 2011

Growing Grass

Here in Denver, we are only in our rental for a year.  And that year is ending in only a few more months.  But I have been itching to garden!  So the girls and I planted some grass...

I got rye grass seeds, and one afternoon we had fun digging in the dirt... inside even!  The girls sprayed their seeds with a squirt bottle every morning.  I gave them a bit more water again in the late afternoon.  It only took 4 days for them to sprout.  Felt like instant gratification.

Then I couldn't stop there.  What else could I plant grass seed in???  I love to thrift shop... I found some fun containers for just pennies...
A butter yellow tea cup.
Easter Bunny decoration.
Ummm... toothbrush holder.
I think it's pretty hilarious, myself.
And yes, the guest bathroom is blue.
This is what goes on behind the scenes of my absurd photo shoot.  The kids were following me around thinking things like, "Mom, seriously?  This is how you are wasting all of our time?"

Side note:  Have you heard of the photo editing site, Picnik?  It's awesome and, as you can see, I've had a lot of fun editing my photos with it.

4 comments:

Heather said...

i am in love. i love it for easter. now if i had the time+energy i would be all over this.

super cute!!

lelu said...

I LOVE picnik. All my photos get a trip through there before they hit the blog. Next time you decide to grow grass use wheat. It grows super fast too. And once it's grown you can trim it, then juice it. It will give you more energy than a RedBull. But it's good for you.

Darleen said...

that's such a fun easter idea that I'm going to steal. :)

Harlene said...

love this, thanks for the inspiration!

Did I tell you about the time I brushed my teeth with desitin instead of toothpaste because I was so sleep deprived?

Your girls are adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails