November 18, 2010

But Seriously, I Love It.

It's 7:00pm.  Boyfriend isn't home yet.  I have one twin in her PJ's, fed, changed and in her bed... but not asleep yet.  The other twin is not in her PJ's, nor fed, or changed... but in her bed and totally asleep.  Go figure.  The older girls are fed, PJ'd, teeth brushed, prayers said and all ready for bed but "quietly" playing in their room.  My lower eye is twitching.  I haven't eaten any dinner yet, but here I am blogging. Go figure.


I got to visit a couple of girls from church today.  They live on base.  Luckily I only had the twins with me.  I dropped the 3 year old off at a friends house.  I'm a civilian.  To get on base is quite the ordeal.  I actually lost sleep over it last night.  They had to do a background check and take my registration and insurance info before I could get on base.  I was so worried that I would have some unpaid parking ticket I forgot about or something - and have a warrant out for my arrest.  What if they had to arrest me then and there?  What would I do with the babies?  How would I tell my friend she'd have to keep watching the 3 year old?  What would the 5 year old do when she got home from kindergarten?  Yes, this is what I lost sleep over!  Go figure. It wasn't the 3 year old crawling into bed with me twice.  And it wasn't the twins waking up for their 2:00am feeding.  It was the thought of getting arrested over nothing at all.  I'm insane.

The 5 year old and 3 year old are waking up at 5:00 AM!  The 5 year old had her snow gear on and went outside to make snow angels... in the dark!  I let her.

I feel bad about going insane too, because Boyfriend is trying really hard to keep me sane.  He has even been doing the night routine with the twins hoping I'll get more sleep.  Sorry Boyfriend.  Maybe it's inevitable.  The twitching hasn't stopped, so maybe I'll go shove some cold broccoli in my mouth and close my eyes.

Oh wait, the sleeping baby is awake now.  I guess I'll get her ready for bed!

Ha!

...repeat tomorrow.

10 comments:

Heather said...

oh my heck..i don't know how you do it!!! YES, it gives me nightmares getting on base & i even have an ID card!! :)

xoxo

Callie said...

Oh Carolyn! You aren't insane, just sleep deprived!
Hang in there momma!

nickel... said...

I feel sort of sadistic because I found that post incredibly entertaining.

I love you sister. I am proud of you.

I get to see you TWO DAYS and I shall rub your feet! :)

Clint C. said...

You need to let your house go to pot and take a two hour nap every day! Order a maid and put it on boyfriend's tab. JK. Hang in there lady! Sleep, please, sleep!

Becky said...

You're doing awesome! I've had the "what if I have a warrant" fear, too. I love the picture of the babies holding onto their feet.

Becky said...

P.S. I forgot to say, this is the best time to blog, when it's raw and real!

Nikki said...

Carolyn - I have no clue how you mange 2 other babes in the scenario. You are a super hero!! I let the babies cry it out a few months ago and it has changed my life :) if you decide to do it - let me know - I can give you moral support.

Darleen said...

Can nibble on their toes too...pretty please?

Harlene said...

You're wonderful and please come join us on the other side, we will love you! I haven't been sane in YEARS! Almost DECADES! I have already been arrested for a warrant I didn't know about, so I can talk you thru that. I didn't just let my kids out to play in the snow in the dark, I PUT them out in the yard in their whitie tighties until they want ed to play nice! OOH baby! Somehow we survive...

Unguren said...

I can totally relate...I feel your pain. But I guess I feel it only 1/2 because I only have one baby instead of two. But I have 4 kids, so...maybe we are even? Maybe. Nope. You totally have me beat!

Related Posts with Thumbnails