July 12, 2008

Presto Peanut-o!

update: the peanut butter worked! no more vaseline.

I had the Goo Gone in my hands ready to use, but then boyfriend interfered. He "really didn't feel comfortable putting paint thinner on his baby's skin". So then I was like, "Fine! Get me some Peanut Butter!"
And Ava was like, "Mmmmm Delicious! Why don't you wash me in this stuff all the time?"
You know what? I really think this did the trick. I actually don't know for sure because as soon as I wrapped the towel around her she was screaming and kicking, which means it was passed her bedtime. I put her to bed with wet hair... but it didn't feel vaseliney. Hopefully we will have a pleasant surprise in the morning. Goodnight, Ava!

P.S. It is exhausting posting three times in one day! I don't know how some of you people do it?

8 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma Roundy said...

Who knows. I bet sand would do the trick, too. I'm extremely glad the Goo-Gone went. That stuff will take fingernail polish off. What would it do to hair?

Actually, Ava's a sweetie pie. Next she'll try cutting her hair.

Best wishes. Grandpa O

Callie said...

I hope that worked! What a mess- but a really cute mess!
Never a dull moment with kids in the house, eh?

Harlene said...

I am happy for all of you this can go into the "memory" bank, however, I would like to defend myself;

I did use goo-gone on my child. He is fine, ok well, no worse off than he was before the incident. In fact I'm considering using it as a chemical peel for myself;)

Cori said...

I love that you put peanut butter on her hair! I used to have a hair stylist that kept a blender in his little cubby that he could use to whip up "hair smoothies" with. I think you should add that to your hair styling capacities. I would like mine with chocolate too, please!

Jen said...

Ava even with vaseline, corn starch, and peanut butter, you are one little cutie!!!!

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unguren said...

I love those pictures. The ones with corn starch are so funny. I bet she smelt super good after the peanut butter. Any one for a sandwich?

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog from someone else and the hair photos caught my attention. :) So I hope you don't mind a comment from a stranger... Just to let you know, peanut butter also takes gum out of hair as well. My mom used it on me and my sisters all the time when we were younger.

Related Posts with Thumbnails