February 11, 2008

Eden's Instruction Manual

#1. Every morning and every night I will have my "chocolate milk" (Carnation Sugar Free Instant Breakfast Drink). I also just might decide at any given time it needs to be warmed up.

#2. I HAVE to buckle myself into my car seat. I don't know why anyone even tries to attempt doing this themselves. It doesn't matter what the hurry, I will be doing this so get over it!

#3. When I am watching "my shows" you must always bring me "snackandjuice". This is one word, not to be confused with "snack and juice".

#4. I will not wear my coat/jacket/sweater while sitting in the car seat. You must remove it every time I get in the car and put it back on every time I get out of the car. It does not matter how cold it is or how many errands you need to run.

#5. When I brush my teeth, I always will put two dabs of toothpaste on my toothbrush. One from the white tube and one from the blue tube. Why would we have two different kinds of toothpaste in the drawer if I wasn't suppose to use both simultaneously?

#6. I don't need to wear panties. I'm fine with pull-ups and wear them just as panties. My many colorful panties are only good for toting around in my purse or on occasion under my pillow for when I sleep.

#8. If you want me to eat any of my dinner, you will need to bribe me with my most favorite treat of all times... a "green cookie"! (Mint Oreo Cookie)

#9. Also, I will always brush my teeth making silly faces in the mirror and accomplishing nothing at all. Then you must wait for me to turn the water on, rinse my toothbrush, tap it three times on the side of the sink, then and only then may you proceed to effectively brush my teeth for me.

#10. When I have picked out my bedtime books, you are to read them in the order I will tell you. Please don't ever think of going out of order for I shall throw myself on the floor screaming before you even have time to explain or apologize. Just ask me which one you should read next, alright?

#11. When I finally do lay down to sleep, there is a correct order in putting my declared blankets on top of me. It is as follows: 1. my "blankie" (I've had this with since the day I was born) 2. my "warm" blanket 3. the "monkey" blanket 4. next would be the "bumpy" blanket 5. finally the "little" blanket (which is the size of a wash cloth!).

Now there you have it! I don't see what the big deal is. I'm quite the darling girl! Once you get all these rules down, there is nothing too it... until I feel the need to declare another rule!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Eden no matter what!!! But I did think this hole post was really funny! :)

Unknown said...

oooh, that is hilarious! what a funny, funny lil' lady you have!

Marleen said...

I love it. What a sweet child you have. Now I wish Nora would make her own manual. We would get by a lot easier.

Unguren said...

That is funny how quirky little kids are. I love the tap three times toothbrush. Nothing screams OCD more. don't get me wrong that is coming from a little OCD person myself. Embrace your craziness that is what I say.

Jen said...

Eden, I am printing out the manual right now and keeping it for when you decide to visit.

However, let me know a few days in advance so I can brush up on the rules - oh, and let me know when I need to get an updated manual.

The Whetstone Family said...

Hello! Aaron commented on our blog a while back, and we read yours from time to time, and are finally commenting! Our 2-year-old has that same blankie routine! Your girls are so cute!

Grandpa and Grandma Roundy said...

We should have had this instruction book years ago when Eden's mother was about the same age as Eden is now. It would have been extrememly helpful and perhaps the outcome would have not taken so long, but everything turned out splendidly in the end, just as it will this time. Every generation has to grow up eventually.

Grandpa O

Anonymous said...

What a wise Mama to have figured this all out. Eden is delightful! The kind of girl who is so fun to watch someone else raise. (That's what a neighbor said about my crew years ago.)

Dana said...

How funny...I just loved reading the manual. And looking at all those cute pictures of Eden made me realize how much she's grown since I've last seen her. She is so darling and I LOVE her hair.

Heather said...

She must take after her mom....
You both are so stinkin cute!!
It never ceases to amaze me how well thought out all of your posts are!!!! Love it~

Megan said...

Your posts are too funny! This gives me a good idea for a scrapbooking page...

Darleen said...

Carolyn if I ever babysit Eden you would have to provide that instruction manual because I would be very nervous to watch her. But all those darling pictures of her make me smile.

april said...

Wow, it's a good thing she's so cute, or else... well, I don't know what. She's grown up so much! I miss you guys. Any chance of you passing through Salt Lake soon?

Becky said...

My goodness, she's particular, isn't she? I love the two dots of different toothpastes! Her hair is really cute.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! That is HILARIOUS. I felt like I was reading Brynlee's manual. What a hoot. BTW, one of these days we'll get a blog too. I'll keep you posted.

Unknown said...

Oh, that was too funny. Eden, you're a cute, quirky girl.

Amy F said...

Thank you so much for posting this. Eden and Michael would make quite a pair. We'll have to compare their "instructions" sometime!

We just reassure ourselves that, once he makes his mind up about something, he won't be one to give into peer pressure!

Callie said...

What a cute girl! For some reason, while reading this all I could think of was Aaron and how particular he was with his fish tank.
Wonder where Eden gets it from? :)

Marlena said...

Great post! Three year olds are great, huh? Amzie always wants to buckle herself too, unless I ask her to, then she can't do it.

Amanda said...

This was so entertaining to read! I've never met Eden, but I really want to! Is this what I have to look forward to? :)

Cori and Dusty said...

Woah - a little OCD? Is she planning on going to medical school? Sounds like she's on her way! Ha, ha, not all med students are perfectionists...

Cori

Rachel said...

Carolyn, Our kids have a few things in common...except Isaac's particular ways go without precise words and phrases. it really takes a lot to parent these little dudes. I am thankful for understanding girlfriends like you experiencing hilarious parenting adventures! I miss seeing Eden! Give your girls a kiss for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails