April 13, 2011

Bedtime Barbering

Instead of going to bed....
I feel sick just looking at this picture.  She has been trying for so long to grow her hair long.  Daily, she has a conversation with me about how long her hair is getting.  It's even how we get her to eat her vegetables!  "Ava, it will make your hair grow."
She wasn't too upset about it.  "I had some tangles, so I had to cut it out Mom."  That's when I realized she hadn't actually SEEN it yet.  I showed her in front of the mirror.

Tears.  She cried.  It was sad.

New info came out too.  "I only cut a little bit, Mom."
"Eden's the one that really cut it for me." 

The true barber was confronted and it was confirmed.  
*sigh*
She didn't seem to upset about it either.

8 comments:

Unguren said...

When I saw the hair I wanted to cry too and I hadn't even read the whole post.

I would just like to say that I can totally imagine Laney doing this to Penny's hair at a later date...when Penny actually has hair.

Amy said...

I am speechless.

We have a rule in our house. If someone cuts the other person's hair, the one who did the cutting gets his or her head shaved.

I know you can make a cute haircut out of what's left.

Clint C. said...

I think they just wanted to be like their Mommy--an artist with the hair scissors. :)

Stephanie Waite said...

This story is like de ja vu. Remember when Sabrina played barber on herself and Annie? Yeah. It just kills you to see it doesn't it. Lucky for them you have mad skills with some hair shears.

Love you -
Steph

Heather said...

oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

SUZANNE said...

OH snap!! Well I'm so sad for Miss Ava's mini mullet look, but at least her mama is a talented hair dresser. I'm sure you'll turn it into "mullet chic."

Grandpa and Grandma Roundy said...

Come on now . . . Who hasn't done this same trick yourself . . . either you own or a siblings? It happens in the best of families (apparently). Grandpa O

Sherrie said...

Has happened at our house too. Big sisters just want to help, right? When it happened to my Jennie, I couldn't look at her the same for several months. I hope your time of mourning is much shorter.

Related Posts with Thumbnails