April 17, 2011

Let us NOT eat cake

When the babes turned 1, we had a little celebration with just our family.  It was uneventful and stress free!  So nice!
We stuck the girls in their chairs and started singing "Happy Birthday".
They seemed pretty confused with all the attention and singing for them.  Their cake... blueberry muffins with buttercream frosting.  No fuss - No stress!
Aspen was pretty good to dig right in with her hands.
Emory, wasn't too sure about the whole deal.
"You want me to do what?"
"This is disgusting! What a horrible thing! I will NOT put any of it in my mouth, so stop trying to force it in!"
  "Fine! If you aren't going to remove it, I will remove it myself!"
She started to throw it, flapping her wrists trying to shake off the frosting.  We them removed it for her.
(not one bite made it into her mouth)
Aspen squished...
...observed...
...gave a little tiny taste...
...and then was board.  "I'm done with this, what else you got?"


Presents!

Emory enjoyed this part of her birthday waaaay more then the cake thing.
As you can see in the background... we don't really need any more toys.  Good times for all.  The babes did receive the movie "Tangled" for their birthday.  They were so nice to let the rest of the family watch it while they took a nap.

5 comments:

Darleen said...

Is it true? They are one?! Can not believe it! They are so beautiful!

Amy F said...

So funny. I love their expressions put to your words. Isn't it kinda nice when we can still speak for our kiddos?? :)

Unguren said...

I think that Emory looks like Eden and Aspen looks like she could belong with Ari. Funny.

Glenda @ Magnolia Bend Drive said...

congrats on throwing a stress free birthday party for the babes. I am so surprised at how dark their hair is now. Both beautiful - just like their big sisters.

ps. I think we nearly killed the fig tree. I so sad about it.

Erin said...

Carolyn and Crew -- Just saw your blog on Sarah's and it is SO cute. Your babies are getting so big! And they look just like their big sisters. Good luck to you in your move! We miss you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails